- Is it just me or have the last few weeks just flew by?!
Ours have been jam-packed with fun things. A little bit of work and a whole lot of play.
- Last Sunday, on Veteran’s Day, our zoo was having free admission for vets and their families. Considering we hadn’t been there this year (shockingly) we took advantage of the beautiful day. So thankful we did.
- We’ve been doing a little Christmas shopping, but I generally make most of our gifts – you’ll see some of them in here (I have to be careful about posting them, because I don’t want to spoil any surprises).
- Thanksgiving was AMAZING this year. One of the best ones I can recall. I didn’t take any pictures that day because I was too busy soaking up the day. It was a quiet day, with my immediate family. After dinner, the men played with their new toys and the girls watched old home movies and went through the sales papers! That night, the men took the babies home, and I went out with my aunt and cousin. It’s a crazy tradition, but we always have so much fun and create so many memories.
- Friday was Andrew’s birthday! I don’t care how old you are, you’re never too old for a birthday party in my book. Our family values every one so much more now. And we are all there to celebrate! Of all the meals I could have prepared, Andrew wanted a frozen pizza party (gross, huh?). I guess since we rarely eat already prepared food, or junk food for that matter, he thought he’d make a party of it… haha. I’m thankful for Amy’s organic gluten free pizzas!
- Saturday, I cleaned out all day and worked on a school project (did you know I not only run a business and blog, but I’m in the midst of finally getting a degree) while Andrew went out with a friend. We rendezvoused for sushi later.
- Sunday, was an at-home, self-declared family day!! Just the 3 of us. We put on the traditional Loretta Lynn Christmas album I grew up listening to and decorated for Christmas and put up the tree. Sipped hot chocolate (it’s cold here), and had left over Thanksgiving for dinner.
- I wish you could have seen Elizabeth’s face when we cut the tree lights on. This Christmas is already fun! We could just skip all of the presents, because the magic and wonder in her eyes has already been more than I ever expected. It’s going to be a great season. She keeps walking around smiling and saying, “looooook, Mama!”. Love it.
And if you actually looked through all of those pictures, here’s my favorite Loretta Lynn Christmas song… Mama always said, “we’ll have a good ol’ country Christmas this year”, and we always have. This year is no exception!