It seems like fall is almost here. And though I have always been a summer girl, the New Englander in me also has a huge heart for autumn! Plus, it was just too hot this summer! I mean, record breaking hot in Tennessee which means miserable!
I am sad to see it get dark earlier, but I love the smell of “football weather”. Tobacco is smoking in the barns and the leaves have that first hue of change.
I seriously feel like it should still be may though. I’m not sure where this year has went, and it makes me a little sad as a mama to a growing baby girl. Anybody else feel that way?
Anyway, today the fall bug bit and I opened my first can of pumpkin!
this is basically exactly the same as my banana nut muffins. Except I added 1 cup pumpkin. I didn’t have any nuts or chocolate chips (which is very rare), but they were still delicious! Elizabeth actually ate TWO after dinner! She calls all muffins “cake”! I wondered how the consistency would be with the added wet ingredient, but they were perfect! Moist, which I like! They would also be amazing with a cream cheese frosting! But I didn’t have the ingredients for that either!
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts) – optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tins with liners
- In large bowl, combine butter & sugar; mix well. Add the salt, spice, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin & bananas. Mix well. Fold in nuts & chips.
- Once cooled, can be frozen for 2 weeks –thaw/reheat
Have you started thinking of fall treats yet? I will for sure be making this gooey caramel pumpkin blondies again this fall!