Last weekend I wanted to bake an apple pie so badly. There’s just something nostalgic about baking the first apple pie in a new home, and I’ve been anticipating it. But, life has been nonstop. And while I really wanted something apple-cinnamony, and I had all the ingredients for the pie, I just didn’t have the hour or so to devote to it…
So what’s a girl to do when she’s got apples and cinnamon but no time for a pie? Make apple crisp!
And truthfully, this may be a new go-to recipe for all of the time! It was delicious! Not too sweet, but just right! I served it after dinner, around the fireplace, but it would be great served right along with your meal, too!
It came together really quickly. I sliced my apples with an apple slicer/corer. I didn’t even peel them. Then laid them evenly in a 8×8 glass pan.
Then just mix the topping together and spread on top of your apples.
Bake. And wala! Yum!
- Apple Crisp Recipe:
- 6 Medium Apples, Sliced & Cored
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour (I use all purpose gluten free)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice and core apples, place in a 8×8 glass dish
- Mix topping together (oatmeal, sugar, flour, seasonings)
- Cut butter into topping with pastry cutter or fork
- Spread topping on apples
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes
Your house will smell AMAZING!!!