Here is a really simple, healthy, and quick midweek recipe for you!
I kind of came up with it on my own just using what I had on hand. It seems like some of my favorite recipes happen that way. I honestly very rarely use a recipe, and when I do I always tweak it. Sometimes that’s bad.
While I cooked my favorite gluten free spaghetti, I sauteed the precooked shrimp in butter with a little onion and garlic. I added the cherry tomatoes in near the end just until they were soft. Then, I drained the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the starchy water. Then I dumped it all into a dish together, tossed it with pesto, salt, pepper, and fresh parmesan! We all LOVED it.You could saute mushrooms, shallots, broccoli, or just about anything to add to the mixture. You could add a little fresh lemon juice or cream if you wanted it that way, but I like fresh and simple.
|Light Pesto Shrimp Spaghetti||
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 cups peeled, clean shrimp
- 1/4 onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup starchy water (reserved from cooked pasta)
- 2 Tbs pesto
- salt, pepper to taste
- fresh shaved parmesan
- cook spaghetti ’til all dente. In the meantime, saute shrimp, onion, garlic, and tomatoes in butter. Once all is done (about 6-8 minutes), reserve 1 cup of starchy water, drain pasta, then toss everything together.
- could add in heavy cream or fresh lemon juice.
How’s that for an easy 10 minute meal?
What are your favorite go-to weekday meals?