Freezer Cooking {Part 4}

I love new recipes, Unless noted otherwise, most of the recipes I share with you are my own recipes, either tried and true from old cookbooks or from Mama.

freezermealscolor

But this week, I had the opportunity to review my friend Stephanie’s new eCookbook! Y’all, I adore it. Not only is it super cute, but she uses real, healthy food and she explains what real food is! And, all of her recipes include the nutritional values. So smart.

I don’t want to give too much away about the book, because I think that if you like my freezer cooking posts, that you’ll love this book and should just buy it for your collection! Currently, It is only $6.00! I printed it out and quickly added it to my favorite recipe collections. There are all sorts of meals in it though, chicken, beef, pork, vegetarian… AND, she even includes printable labels for your bags/containers. I didn’t take the time to find my label paper, so I just wrote right on the bag, but they are available if you want them!

cookbook-collage1-533x330

GET YOURS HERE

This time around I made:

French Beef Dip, Cumin Cinnamon Beef Stew

freezermeals4 freezermeals1

Ginger Cranberry Pork Roast (cooking now), Summer Veggie Soup

freezermeals2 freezermeals3

And her goulash, which I’ve had before and loved!

freezermeals5

We ate the Cumin Cinnamon Beef Stew last night. I LOVE the way anything cinnamon smells up your house. But with the cumin and carrots, it was so good! So nice to have some fresh new recipes at your disposal. I know my family will like them all.

freezermeals

My favorite part is still being able to prepare so many meals during naptime because around 5:00, Elizabeth wants nothing else but to be held. She is always right between me and the stove while I’m trying to cook, and between her and the dog, it is the most stressful time of day for me. I also love only having a small mess to clean up (knifes, cutting boards, chopper, couple of spoons). My husband likes it too, because he’s usually the one to do the dishes at night! No pots and pans or mixing bowls!

I also browned some ground chuck and put together 2 lasagnas during this time. It’s one of my favorites, but we rarely have it. We’ve had a lot to celebrate lately so I made us one and made a separate one for my bffl who just welcomed her first baby home. Mama made this for our wedding rehearsal dinner. She used cottage cheese instead of ricotta, but once I moved to Connecticut and made my second family Italians, I learned that that is a big time no-no! I usually use fresh mozzarella too, but forgot to pick it up.

lasagna2

Mama Barbara’s Lasagna

• 2 lb ground chuck, 2 Tbs Italian herbs, and 1 chopped onion, browned & drained
  • 4-5 cups of your favorite sauce (or homemade)
  • 1 container ricotta cheese
  • 2 cups mozzarella shredded (plus handfull for top)
  • 1 cup fresh shaved parmesan (plus handfull for top)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 box de boles gluten free oven ready lasagna noodles

mix sauce in with meat and ladle a little on bottom of 9×13 pyrex

top with noodles

mix all cheeses and eggs together layer on top of noodles

repeat layers ending with sauce and top with extra cheese

Bake 425 for 45-60 minutes or until done

I always make two of these at a time and freeze one in an aluminum pan for one there’s a new baby or if someone needs a meal. It would be great paired with bread, salad, and wine for a new neighbor or just for a quick “thinking of you” on a doorstep!

lasagnawrapped

Have you tried Stephanie’s Book or freezer cooking yet? It totally simplifies our life!!

GET YOURS TODAY

mamababylove

Web Logos
newsletter facebook instagram twitter pinterest emailme Default

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

Do you back the lasagna first and then freeze and rebake when making it for the meal night?

2. Zarena Osmani Jabbar says:

Thank you so much for these wonderful food posts! I am expecting #2 and was dreading how I will be handling cooking/infant/toddler/work etc. Now I have a solution to the food piece! This will make life SO much more manageable (God Willing).

3. Stephanie says:

What a great post, Jaima! Love the pictures!!

4. Anonymous says:

Love your freezer meals.Will have to try Stephanies book . :)

5. Anonymous says:

Can I only get these recipes by paying for the ebook?

6. Love the ideas. Tell me, what do you use to write in the alluminium withou it fade away.

7. Thanks so much for posting theses and for the download to the book. What a life saver this makes for me working nights with a husband who cant cook. Now he can still have great home cooking even when I have to work all night.

8. I just recently found this blog. I wanted to say THANK YOU for what you are doing!!! This helps tremendously! All of us busy moms need this kind of guidence so that we can spend mor quality time with our family, yet still feed them healthy meals! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

9. Will you be posting the recipes to these meals? hope so!!!

10. Thank you so much for these freezer meal recipes!!! I am a mom of 4 VERY BUSY kids ages 8-15. My life is not my own, I am taxi to everyone, since none of them can drive yet! I have band, band, band, dance, piano, teen bible challenge, snowboarding, bike racing….and to top it all off I have a competitive gymnast and we travel 5-6 months out of the year. I cannot WAIT to try every one of these recipes!!! And I am thrilled that your recipes will ultimately feed more than 4 :) Seems most recipe designers think all families are the same size, lol. ANYWAY, I cannot find a link to the printer-friendly version of the recipes for Part 4 – how can I find this? Thank you again from the bottom of my very busy heart – Kristy

11. Where can I find the printable download of these meals on Part 4? They look so yummy!

12. That e-book sounds great! So does the lasagna. Question…is the lasagna recipe enough to make two, or do I double the recipe if I want to make one for now & one to freeze? Thanks!!

13. Just curious, on the lasagna, do you bake it before you freeze it? Thanks! Just found your site, will be purchasing the eBook…I can’t wait to get started!

14. Hello! I have started using your recipes and those from the ebook. For the cumin-beef stew…did you cut your meat into bite size pieces? I am going to buy a roast like the recipes call for, but don’t see any instructions on cutting it up!

15. Where is the link to print these wonderful looking dishes? Thank you for the other ones, they are great!

16. My daughter is allergic to eggs. I’ve made lasagna’s without eggs before. Any clue how your recipe would hold up minus the eggs??

17. First, I must say that I LOVE the recipes and cannot wait to try them out!! I do have a question though, and it has been plaguing me for days as I’ve scoured tons of blogs about freezer cooking. How do you know which meals to cook then freeze, and which meals to freeze uncooked? I am so excited to take on the freezer cooking adventure, but I want to be safe in handling the food and just as importantly- I want it to taste good! :)

18. Heather says:

Thank you so much for sharing these freezer recipes! Love the idea! I am due with our first child in September. How long can these items stay frozen? Would it be ok to start freezing stuff now? Thanks Again! :-)

19. This is fantastic! I am not a mother yet, so it’s just me and the hubs. I am a full time student and work about 25 hours a week so this is absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for all these great solutions to people of all different lifestyles. :)