Ahh, Spring Ahead!
I love the time change. Longer, brighter days make me so happy! A fresh start as everything is coming back to life!
The birds are chirping. The grass is turning greener. All of our Bradford Pear trees and other gorgeous spring blooms are out.
And one of my other favorite parts: summer food! We had our first picnic/bbq last night with our Small Group from church and I made a quick easy summer pasta salad.
I wanted to share it with you today. It’s quick, easy, and light for this week while we’re spring cleaning!
My Maw-Maw (that’s southern for grandmother if you didn’t already know) use to make this and I always loved it! You can throw whatever you want in it, but this is our basis:
- I use gluten free spirals because I can’t find gf bowties.
- I usually use 1.5 chicken breasts (or Trader Joe’s frozen grilled chicken strips)
- You can also use evoo if you don’t want to use Italian dressing. I use about 1/2-3/4 of the bottle. I don’t want it drenched, but flavorful.
- And you can substitute or add in other veges you’d like.
- I forgot in the recipe card, but I usually shave a li’l fresh parmesan on top.
Please tell me I’m not the only one ready for Spring and Summer.
ps. I am planning part 3 of freezer cooking, but it will probably be next before they get posted due to spring cleaning week and a whole lot of other stuff