Last week did you go through every room and clean out stuff you don’t need?!? I did! The more I get rid of, the more I find I can do without! I tackled my kitchen cabinets last week, too! Oi!
Well if not, do it this week while you go through every room to make a list of things to do! I take a notepad and go through every room and make notes of things that need to be done. I try to think, “If I had to list this house for sell right now, what would need to be done?”.
Here’s a small sample of my master bedroom/bathroom list:
1) Finish painting the trim (yes, I’ve lived here almost 2 years with only 1/2 the trim painted, because I was 9 months pregnant when I started and couldn’t finish, and Andrew was still living in CT).
2) Complete the hope chest to desk transition
3) Hang pictures
4) Paint light sconce and medicine cabinet
5) Build storage unit for over the toilet
You don’t have to do them this week, but try to get them all done before Christmas! If you’re like me, there will be more next spring.
Now the fun part: what you will need for cleaning:
- Good vacuum (make sure you clean out the canister or replace the bag and clean out the suctions)
- Broom & Mop (I love my steam mop)
- Carpet Cleaner if you have carpet. You can rent a rugdr for about $20, but I’m sure if you send out a plee on facebook one of your friends has one.
- Natural cleaners (no, vinegar will not do!) – you don’t want to make your home dirtier using toxic cleaners.
- Microfiber cloths
- Extra boxes or trash bags to clean out clutter as you go.
I recommend Shaklee’s entire Get Clean Kit. It has everything you need! All of your cloths and bottles and even comes in an organized cleaning caddy! I bought it last August and haven’t used 1/2 of it! It seems like a lot of money, but trust me, it actually saves you a ton of money as a little goes a looong way! One bottle of Basic H is the equivalent to over 4,000 bottles of windex, and cost only 3 cents per bottle of all purpose mix!
Are you ready for the 15th? I cannot wait to get this house clean again!!!