The day is finally here. I’ve known about it for months. But somehow it snuck up on me… In 12 hours, I am off for a long weekend of what will hopefully be pure BLISS!
I am terrified to be leaving Elizabeth for the first time. We’ve probably only been apart for a total of 12 hours since she was conceived 29 months ago. Thankful Andrew will be with her, and thankful for facetime (which she is obsessed with)! I know I need this time away, and she needs this time with her Daddy, but I am quiet sad about it. Okay, really sad. I love my little Bean.
Anyway, can’t think about it…I will be tweeting and facebooking as I can, but I really want to focus and “be in the now”, so I probably won’t be posting here a lot.
I am an anxious, excited bundle of nerves! But it is GROW time, and this girl is ready (I think)!
If you are new to my blog, first let me give you a hug and say, “Come on in”! You can find my “about me” post up in the pages tab. It’s a little short and sweet, but it sums everything up!
You can find me on facebook here where I spend too much time!
I am trying to get up to date and tweet more on twitter, I have loved connecting with other BlissDom goers!
You can find my massive Pinterest pinboard here, where I spend the rest of my time. Addicted.
I have a newsletter, Pocket Full of Posies, that I am putting together. Be sure to subscribe to it to be the first to know about specials and other great things!
I thought I would leave you with some very random facts about myself:
- I am a terrible nail biter. Always have been. I know, it is disgusting. Makes me look like a total slob.
- I shave my legs every night. I cannot go to bed without smooth legs. I’d be more likely to fall asleep with dirty teeth than stubbly legs. eek. Trust me, I’ve tried, only to hop out of bed at 1am to shave after fighting sleep.
- I love hummus! It is my new favorite snack!
- I cannot function if my floors or counters are dirty. I am shamefully OCD when it comes to wiping down my kitchen counters and sweeping/mopping/vacuuming my floors. My house isn’t spick and span by any means, but I must wipe down my counters 2-3 times a day and sweep at least once a day. I can usually stand to only mop and vacuum 3-4 times a week, unless something is going on. I should add though, that we live in the country. Where dirt and bugs and muck come from. And, we also have a Cocker Spaniel.
- My husband & I started dating my senior year of high school while he was in the Army. He was my handsome prom date!
- I break out in hives if mayo touches my skin. I can ingest it, but not get it on me. Weird, I know!
- My very best friend and I have literally been bfForever! Our grandfathers were also good buddies
- I know every single line to “My Best Friends Wedding” and it is my absolute favorite movie! I love Julia Roberts!
- I am a girly girl who doesn’t mind to get down and dirty! I’m a yuppy country girl.
- I Love diy. I will try to diy everything. Which explains why my business cards are less than par for this weekend.
If you are at BlissDom this weekend, please find me! I am terrified of being the only girl sitting at the lunch table, or the girl at a slumber party wishing she were at home…