Bliss

If you haven’t already seen the little button on the sidebar, I’m prepping for my first ever blog conference! BlissDom! I am veryvery excited. I am also very nervous. But mostly excited.

I have wanted to go for years, just so I could meet my favorite bloggers! Like Lindsey, Gussy, Sarah, Sandra, Edie, RachelStephanie and the many others!

But this year, my big year of change, I am going for me. Don’t get me wrong – I am still very anxious and ecstatic to meet those ladies (and room with Sarah – eek)! But, I’m going for me!

(I hope that doesn’t sound selfish… Remember, this is the year I learn to quit putting myself last)

I am still so very new at this whole blogging gig. I am going to learn. And to be inspired. To find my “niche” (if I even have one). To network and learn some more ropes of Social Media. To grow my business. To have fun!

I am nervous about leaving Elizabeth for the first time, and I’m thankful that Andrew will be able to stay with her. Wait, I’m not sure, maybe that’s why I’m nervous about leaving her… No, he’s a great father. They need time together. And every Mama needs a break to decompress and refocus. It’s good for us and them!

For the past month, I’ve been fretting about fitting in, not having the right answers. Not having an “elevator script” or a “brand” (definition of what my blog is about), or a “niche”. Worried about the appearance of my blog not being exactly what I want it to be. And definitely worried about the appearance of myself. But I’m not so worried anymore. I’m going for me. I’m going to be me. I’m not going to pretend I’ve got it all together, because I clearly don’t. I don’t have a QR Code on my business cards, and my clothes don’t fit, but I am going. I’m going to be me, which is all I can be, and I may be completely winging it, but I will be there.

Pretty sure this is my motto:)
Source Linked

If you are going too, please connect with me on facebook or twitter! I would love to meet up with you! I’ve never actually “met” anyone that’s going! Have I mentioned how excited I am though?

Web Logos
newsletter facebook instagram twitter pinterest emailme Default

Comments

1. Sarah, Three Boys says:

I know your elevator pitch.

Hi, I'm Jaima Founder of Ring Around The Rosies. I inspire young women to get clean, get organized, and Get Healthy. I would love to exchange business cards so we can connect again.

2. Organizing Made Fun Becky says:

Saw your post on FB Newcomers' group! Maybe we'll have a chance to meet, right? It's my first year going, also! I know leaving your little one is hard when they are that small – mine aren't so small now, but I remember it well! I'm guessing we both meet lots of great bloggers that are super people :)

Becky B.
    Organizing Made Fun

3. Jaima of Ring Around the Rosies says:

Can you just hold my hand, pretend I'm mute, and do all of my talking for me?!? Pretty Please? I'll buy you TWO drinks ;)

4. Jaima of Ring Around the Rosies says:

Thanks, Becky!!! I'm sure most everyone there will be great!

5. jaima,
    i'm sad i'm not going this year. would love to have met you and i just know you will have a wonderful time. don't be shy–introduce yourself to everyone you want to meet.
    much love and many blessings:)
    edie

6. I have no clue about all the "blog" lingo you speak of…I am a new "blog follower" but you have the right attitude and I am sure with that you will not only do great but you will have a wonderful time. ENJOY! I am looking forward to following your blog. God Bless!

7. Jaima of Ring Around the Rosies says:

Oh my stars… Did my fudge sister, Edie Wadsworth really just comment on my blog?!? You have no idea how giddy that makes me!!! I hate that you're not going, but if it's not too late, I'm going to try to get tickets to The Pearl Event! XOXO

8. Jaima of Ring Around the Rosies says:

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I am still very much learning all of this myself! I just want to be ME!

9. It was such fun meeting you Jaima! Keep checking on the Pearl tickets for anyone who might cancel. It'll be a great day! Hope you're home hugging your family:) I'm all kinds of exhausted but what a treat to get to come at the last minute!
    xoxo,