Sticky Buns, Monkey Bread, Gorilla Bread, Cinnamon Rolls, whatever you call them… I prefer Stick-to-MY-Buns…
WARNING: These are NOT on the Cinch Inch Loss plan in accordance with my New Year Challenge. And, they may reverse any weight loss progress you’ve made. BUT, they are d.i.v.i.n.e.
AND, I totally created this version of Mini Gorilla Breads all on my own.
I kind of used the Queen’s regular version here to go by…
Mini Gorilla Breads
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 rolls of biscuits (10 each)
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- zest of 1 orange (optional)
- Spray muffin tins or use foil liners
- Sprinkle nuts in the bottom
- Mix cinnamon & granulated sugar together
- Cut cream cheese into 30 pieces
- Melt brown sugar & butter in a small sauce pan until well combined
- Dredge both sides of flat biscuits with the cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Place piece of cream cheese in center of 15 biscuits and fold over to seal c’cheese up. Place in tin
- Sprinkle orange zest on top
- Spoon melted sugar/butter mixture on top of biscuits
- Repeat Steps 6-9
- Top with more nuts
- Bake on 350 for 18-22 minutes
Tips: For the bottom layer, I placed the flattest side down. For the top layer, I placed the flattest side up. To me, it just made it look neater/cleaner.
And how about an inside view?!?
What is one of your favorite sweets?!?