A & his mother (“Mama C”) grew up in Lincoln, New Mexico cutting their teeth on authentic Mexican food. We both love Mexican food and I’m guessing you might too?
Thought I’d share Mama C’s super easy enchilada recipe with you.
1) Brown hamburger with s/p & chili powder. Then set aside
2) In a small skillet, put about 1/4 inch oil and heat as if to fry
3) Put enc sauce in a pie plate (or other shallow bowl to coat tort with)
4) When oil is hot, GENTLY fry tort (you don’t want to cook it in the oil, only soften it and make it pliable, a few seconds)
5) Then take tortilla, dredge through ench sauce and place on seperate plate
6) Put hamburger on top, and fry another tort
7) Repeat process until you get 8 (usually 3 tortillas is a meal – men seem to like 4).
10) toppings on side.
Rolled Enchiladas (This is how I made them)