This is a weekly tradition that we use to keep up with religiously and share with my cousin and her kids, but due to busy schedules and a other circumstances we haven’t had a Family Pizza Night since the Spring. But I still make this all time favorite, and just made it recently so I thought I’d share with you our favorite, non-traditional pizza recipe!
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 pkg refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken (I use the frozen grilled chicken strips from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack or marble cheese blend
- 2 plum tomatoes
- ¼ medium red onion
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 lemon
- 6 slices bacon, thinly sliced, cooked and drained (optional – I buy the precooked bacon bc I hate the grease & hassle of frying or baking bacon)
- Preheat oven to 425°F Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with oil. Unroll dough onto bottom of pan, gently stretching and pressing dough to cover bottom. Top crust with chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown; remove from oven.
- While baking crust, dice tomatoes and onions. You can remove seeds from tomato if you wish.
- Cut avocado in half, avoiding pit; twist halves apart and remove pit. Dice avocado add to mixing bowl with tomatoes, onions, and 2 Tbs of fresh lemon juice
- Distribute tomato mixture evenly over pizza. sprinkle with bacon, if desired.